Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Continuation


It's been a few days since I've written. Okay, it's been 4 days. I was getting very discouraged. This is what happened on those days.

Friday - I went in and helped out in Juniper's classroom until noon. I came back at 2pm for a Muffins for Moms event they were doing for the mommies on the classroom. It was fun! It ended at 2:30pm and Juniper begged me to take her home early, so I did. Then, I wish I hadn't. She got home and stopped being nice to anyone, especially her brother. The whining, crying and yelling was terrible. I was very glad and exhausted when this day was over. Didn't feel much like writing. As I said, I was discouraged. Also, very hurt.

Saturday - Juniper had another make up day at school because of the snow. She was only in school until 12:45pm. I was up and out of the house before she was awake because I went yard saling with my dad. David got her ready for school and said it was a bad morning. It wasn't much better when she got home. I had found her a new lamp, shoes and a bed spread while I was out with my dad. Her room needs updating from the princess stuff and I thought she'd enjoy the extra attention. Well, after a few more hours of the same whining and yelling and I was ready to take it all back! I just don't understand what is happening!

Sunday was Mother's Day. The kids made me a beautiful card. David took Juniper and Keaton to see his mom so I had a morning of peace and quiet. We met at my mom's about 12:30pm and celebrated with my family. The kids pretty much played outside the rest of the day. A pretty good Mother's Day.

I really feel like all I'm doing is complaining. You're probably thinking, "Well, you are complaining!" I know it could all be SO MUCH worse. I'm just at a total loss. BUT I'm not giving up. I'm going to get back on the horse, so to speak, and continue with this Love Dare.

As Juniper once said to me while we waited nearly an hour to talk to a doctor about her ADHD meds, "Mom, I'm worth it." She is. Every second of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment