Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 2...Love is Kind


Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you. Eph. 4:32

Do I get a redo on this day?

Day two's task was, again, saying nothing negative along with doing a random act of kindness.

Today was a total wash! Juniper and Keaton are both sick. Keaton is on round 2 of antibiotics for bronchitis and Juniper now has a fever with sore throat. Ugh! The morning went fairly well. Both kids had school today. Luckily, since my beautiful little boy decided to wake me up at 5:50am, I had plenty of time to get lunches ready and get the kids out the door without rushing them.

For dinner, we decided on pancakes. They figured it would be easy on their throats. Since it's Cinco de Mayo, they each got a pancake in the shape of a 5. It went downhill at dinnertime. Didn't even bother with baths tonight. Just straight into pajamas. I let them watch Jumaji for the first time and they loved it. Hopefully they'll get some good sleep tonight. They will both be home with me tomorrow. Pray for me!

On an up note, a couple of months back, Juniper broke her recorder. You know, those long plastic music instruments that are known for playing Hot Cross Buns over and over and over again? Well, since my task was a random act of kindness, I decided to pick up a new one for her. 1) It was a dollar at Wal-Mart. 2) Seeing her precious face light up at the sight at the bright yellow recorder was worth it. I also bought her an inexpensive, roomier, over the door shoe holder. Who knew a 7 year old could have a shoe fetish?!

So, I guess today wasn't a total wash. I'm just sorry she's not feeling better. Maybe I will do today's task again tomorrow, just for good measure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment