Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 1...Love is Patient


Today's task was to demonstrate patience and say nothing negative. This was especially hard because of a hectic morning, but I did it! Even feeling crummy today, I never raised my voice or said anything negative. It went smoother than expected. I do have to admit though that I couldn't have done it without David's help. I had to get up early to get into MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) at my church to help set up. David helped me get both kids ready while I got myself ready, too.

Juniper got home from school and we got to spend a little time together since Keaton was napping. I had a chance to ask her how her day was, even got a tiny bit of cuddling in. After dinner, we watched a movie as a family. The movie took longer than expected with all the stopping for potty breaks, snacks, etc. Towards the end, we all seemed to be getting a little antsy. Still, everyone kept their cool. Bedtimes are usually something I dread but it wasn't bad tonight.

Juniper came and gave me a good night kiss a few minutes ago. This isn't a nightly routine so it was a special bonus for me. Definite affirmation that it was a good day. There weren't any meltdowns, though she's not asleep yet. I will be shortly though, and wanted to get this in before then.

Praying for another good day tomorrow. No, praying for a better day then today was.

1 day down, 39 to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment