Sunday, May 16, 2010

Day 6...Love is Not Irritable


Better a patient man than a warrior, a man who controls his temper than one who takes a city. Proverbs 16:32

Today's task was to make a list of areas I need to change in my schedule to avoid anger, meltdowns, etc. Also list any wrong motivations I need to remove from my life.


I think our biggest issue is getting Juniper ready every morning. This past week, we've had earlier mornings, allowing more time for her to get ready. The less we rush, the less we fuss. Since we've been doing this, mornings have run smoother. The other situations I become easy angered with Juniper are usually times when I need her to do something in a timely manner and she won't cooperate or she procrastinates. Some of these are bath time, bed time, meals and getting ready to go someplace like church. I try to allow extra time but it doesn't always work that way.


As for wrong motivations I need to remove from my life...this is difficult for me to understand. I guess this is where the Love Dare for a spouse differs. Yes, there are times I am just tired or don't have an extra dose of patience with breakfast. These times, I am short with Juniper. In the past, my mornings have been affected by my irritation with David. I don't have the same "wrong motivations" with my daughter as I do with my husband.

I suppose I need to chalk this one up as I just need to allow more time and patience when it comes to Juniper. Or when it comes to both my children.

I'm ready to move on to my next task!!

No comments:

Post a Comment