Saturday, May 22, 2010

Day 9...Love Makes Good Impressions


Greet one another with a kiss of love. 1 Peter 5:14

Today's task was to think of a way to greet Juniper and do it with enthusiasm. My greeting should reflect my love for her.

Usually in the morning, when I go to wake her for school, I say "Good morning, beautiful!" I've changed my greeting to her to "Good morning, sweetness." A lot of people tell her how pretty she is, how gorgeous her eyes are. I wanted my greeting to show her how I really feel about her heart. Juniper has such a BIG heart!

I haven't seen any different response from her to this greeting, but along with it, I've tried to be more affectionate. She is not my most affectionate child but I have noticed that Juniper has reciprocated this affection in the last week. I truly think she is beginning to see that I really do love her and that her feelings matter to me.

I pray we continue to grow in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment