Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Day 10...Love is Unconditional


God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Today's task was to do something out of the ordinary to demonstrate the joy of having Juniper in my life. It's been a few days since I've written because life happens. In response to this, I tried to do something everyday for the last few days.

The things I did for her weren't huge things. Mostly little things that I know mean SO MUCH to her. We went to her Meet the Teacher st school tonight to meet her teacher for next year. I left Keaton with my dad so Juniper would have this special time with just us. I let her help make dinner one night. She did everything while I instructed and supervised. I downloaded some songs she's been wanting and put them on her ipod Shuffle. Seeing her face light up made my heart soar! I've also tried to be especially sweet with her. It's not always easy. Especially when she hits one of her moods when she is nothing but disagreeable.

In return, I've noticed she seems more appreciative towards me. Doesn't scoff as much when I ask her to do things, such as take the dog out or cleaning her room. Juniper has actually been doing a good job cleaning up her room! These small transformations will help bring together the big gap we have between us.

No comments:

Post a Comment