Thursday, May 6, 2010

Day 3...Love is Not Selfish


Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Philippians 2:3

Today's task was to continue to refrain from negative comments and to buy the subject something to let them know you were thinking of them.

I knew this day was coming and bought her a cute butterfly watch on Monday. Juniper had been wearing one of my watches a few weeks ago, so I thought she would like one of her own. She loved it and wore it all day. I had her home with me today because she was sick. We went to Blockbuster and rented Princess Diaries. It was really fun watching it together. We even colored while we watched. Keaton was home but was having down time in his room. It was so nice to do something girly and fun together.

Things seemed to be going really well. Then, it started going downhill. After dinner and her bickering with Keaton, a simple request of asking her to put her many pairs of shoes back into her room prompted her to yell at me. During their bath, her and Keaton dumped almost all of the shampoo into the bath water. It was a total mess. Now as I'm sitting here, they keep coming out of their rooms to use the bathroom, to get water, etc. It is so frustrating!

Here's when I start feeling like no matter what I do for Juniper, no matter what activities we do or things I buy for her, I end up getting smacked in the face (not literally). Then it becomes this vicious cycle. I do nice things, she treats me bad, I decide not to do nice things then realize I'm being silly so I do something nice again and it bites me in the butt. It's a constant dance we do. How do we get out of this loop?

I'm tired, I'm frustrated, have zero patience and I probably need to go to bed and end this long day. Tonight, I pray for patience. A lot of patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment